1. Find something that you really believe in and contribute to it in some way – the more our lives have meaning and purpose the happier we are.
2. Try to be the best you can be. It’s important to remember that there is something that you can do that no one else can do quite as well. Find that thing and live up to it. There you’ll find your joy.
3. For no reason at all perform one act of kindness every day. The more we help others without condition, the more we are unconditionally helped.
4. Remember it’s your perception of life that determines your reality. Happiness is an internal state. One can have ‘everything’ and still feel bankrupt!
5. Keep counting your blessings. The more you give thanks the more you will find life conspires in your favour.
6. Remember, there’s no future in the past! The only thing you can influence is the moment you’re standing in. It’s important to be present in the ‘now’ so that your life can unfold in line with your hopes and aspirations.
7. The only destination is right action. Keep doing the right things where you can. Too often we try to please everyone and it simply cannot be done. It’s more important to seek out and do what is right…. let integrity be your guide.
8. It’s more important to be kind than to be right. Sadly our world seems to value knowledge more than virtue and undoubtedly knowledge has helped us to perform some wondrous things. But without virtue, knowledge can be like a sword. It‘s more important to treat people well than to trample over them with your opinions…. try not to hurt the hearts of others.
9. Choose your friends wisely… surround yourself with people who reflect the person you want to be. If you’re surrounded by those who have conscience, integrity and support you, you’ll quickly reach your desired destination. Your friends are the family you choose so choose those you are willing to give your time and attention to and who are willing to do the same for you.
10. Stay in the place of positive expectancy. If you wake up every morning thinking something good is going to happen today, focusing on your dreams and hopes, then that positive expectation will bring happiness and take you closer to fulfilling your own potential… make happiness your companion.
Also see: Our wonderful new app – Happy Hints